Build connections, have some fun

Connection is more important now than ever. The PAL Teen Center is currently closed due to COVID-19, but is supporting members through virtual programs and a food pantry.  Thanks to a generous grant from the Solano Community Foundation, PAL has been hosting a variety of programs online since June. 

Some highlights for September include:  

• School Supplies are now available at our Student Food Pantry.  While supplies last, any local student can also get basic school supplies included in their Food Pantry pick up.  Thanks to the Solano Food Bank, we are able to provide FREE pantry items like mac & cheese, cereals, soups, canned fruit, tuna, chicken, peanut butter, and more! Thanks to our pals at F.A.S.T Transit, we also have notebooks, pens, and pencils to help students with their distance learning.  Students can call 422 6288 to schedule a pick up.
  • Serious work requires a serious study spot and this month, thanks to our PALs at Kaiser, members can pick up “makeover kits” to create their ideal Study Spot in our Extreme Home Makeover: STUDY SPOT Edition.   Each kit will continue a trifold board, glue sticks, construction paper, a calendar, and more to get designers started on their makeover.  On September 30, we will unveil grand prizes in 3 categories:  Most Effective, Most Inspirational, and Best School Spirit.
  • At Cooking with Cans, members can join us over Zoom to learn techniques and recipes they can make at home using items available for FREE from the Food Pantry! The first 5 members to call after the workshop with the name of the recipe win a $25 gift card to Grocery Outlet!
  • Girls Circle, a structured support group for teen girls, integrates relational theory, resiliency practices, and skills training in a specific format designed to increase positive connection, personal and collective strengths, and competence.  Made possible with support from the Soroptimist International of Central Solano County, the September Circle will focus on relationships with peers. This circle works to enhance girls” awareness of their relationships with themselves and others. Themes include “Expressing Myself,” “Accepting Different Parts of Myself,” “Giving Voice to Feelings,” Romantic Relationships,” “Girlfights or Girlfriends” and are complimented by activities such as journaling, role-play, sculpting, and more.
  • It’s SEW time for a updated face mask and this month, PAL members can pick up a designer kit and create their own version for our virtual Project Runway Mask fashion week!
  • This month’s Zombie Walking Challenge will give members a chance to participate in a live action video game challenge where they can level up to kill zombies and save the world by getting in more steps.  This 3-week challenge will feature weekly and daily leaderboards, chances to save your teammates, and more!
  • There will also be online BINGO and POKER Nights, an all-new Name that Tune Instagram Live event, Ready to Succeed classes (our college prep / live after high school program made possible thanks to our pals at the Fairfield Suisun Rotary), and weekly online workshops with our Career Café!  Members who participate in the Career Café can now track their accomplishments with digital badges!