ASB Focus: Second in Command

Brett Erwin started attending Armijo as a freshman and has been in student government for served as Class Vice President during his freshman year. Now, as a senior, he is serving as Associated Student Body (ASB) Vice President. He likes it so much that he has considered joining student government in college. He said that he sees it as the next step in being a leader and a better person.

Erwin would encourage others to join student government because it´s really fun and it helps you grow as a leader.

Erwin has three siblings and he shares the campus with two of them. His younger brother Nicholas is a 15-year-old sophomore and his a twin brother Brendan is also a 17-old senior. His older sister Erin is 19 years old and an Armijo graduate.

One of the most important people to Erwin is his mother. He sees her as a role model because she really inspires him. He said that she´s very nice and thoughtful, and also very sweet.

In addition to student government, Erwin is currently head of Andrew´s bookshelf and his hobbies are playing golf and basketball. During the summer he plays summer league with his brothers and he’s a competitive bowler. One thing he would change at Armijo if he had the chance is the sports facility. He said that he would like to see them build a new gym because we would be able to spend so much in there. He would also like to see them build a new baseball field because “…Why not?” he said.

Erwin has a vivid thought of what he wants to do in the future after he graduates. He wants to be major in kinesiology — a study of the mechanics of body movements — and start a career as a physical therapist.