Three boys one last time

Sometimes it is hard to share the campus with a brother or sister. People make assumptions, teachers get confused and it seems that someone is always ready to reveal secrets. For the Maes family, things are even more complicated.

Larwo Maes is the oldest, a senior who does not have a sixth period and was unavailable for comment. Middle brother Michael Maes is a sophomore. Marcello Maes, a freshman, is the youngest of the three, all of whom go to Armijo.

Michael said that the worst thing about sharing the campus is having to see them all day, although he did appreciate the fact that he was not going alone in this school.”

There is always the risk that one brother might tell someone something negative about the other. Both Marcello and Michael said that their brothers might tell people that they are ugly and annoying.

Before coming to Armijo, the Maes brothers attended Sierra Vista, Fairfield Elementary and Suisun Elementary together. They will probably not go to the same college because, at least for Michael and Marcello, college is not in the future. Ana Maes, the oldest sibling at age 21, and Anabelle (age 8) and Chris (age 5) will probably make their own decisions for their educational future.

Michael and Marcello both enjoy skateboarding and admit that they do fight a lot. Still, they have common blood and would stick up for each other when necessary.