JV Football: Lonnie on the field

Freshman Lonnie Kutil is a dedicated student athlete who has just began his sports career in Armijo High School on the Armijo Junior Varsity team. When asked about his experiences in the team thus far in the year, Kutil said, “It’s been pretty fun, I get to do a lot of exercise and play the game.” Kutil chose to participate in football based on his past experiences and his personal talents. Football has also been a key learning experience in Kutil’s first year of high school. He said, “Football mainly has taught me not to make any excuses.”

Kutil plans on studying engineering at UC Davis. When asked about his favorite game of the year, Kutil chose the Fairfield game. “The game was fun to watch and I will remember forever how exciting it was,” said Kutil. While most of his time is spent at school and during practice, he enjoys personal hobbies, which include working on trucks. Outside of football, Kutil is an older brother and is interested in potentially joining the Men’s Soccer team at Armijo. He also plans to pursue more clubs and outside organizations. It is clear that Kutil aims to dedicate and improve himself, both as a football player and student, in his years to come at Armijo. “Football has taught me so far to work hard,” said Kutil.