Veterinary Student Outreach: University of California, Davis School of Veterinary Medicine

The Veterinary Student Outreach Club at the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine would like to invite high school students to our annual Future Day.  The purpose of this event is to promote higher education, demonstrate career possibilities, expose students to science centered on veterinary medicine, and of course have tons of fun!  This event will be held at the School of Veterinary Medicine at UC Davis on Saturday, April 28, 2018.

The Veterinary Student Outreach Club has hosted Future Day for many years now with great success.  Approximately 100 students from all over California attend Future Day each year and participate in activities relating to comparative anatomy, laboratory medicine, pathology, wildlife medicine, small animal medicine, large animal medicine, and more.  These activities are led by current veterinary students who are excited to share their knowledge and answer any questions participants may have about the profession.

The day will focus on the use of science in veterinary medicine and the importance of a professional education.  We hope to inspire students to explore their interests in the applied sciences and veterinary medicine through interactive labs and interesting case discussions. Future Day is organized and led entirely by veterinary students who come from diverse backgrounds and educational paths, allowing us to provide educational and career advice to a wide range of high school students.

Future Day will be a fun and exciting event for all high school students interested in science. The event will be held on Saturday, April 28, 2018 in Gladys Valley Hall at the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine.  Future Day is a free event for students, and includes a light breakfast, lunch, and refreshments.  Check-in will begin at 8:00am, and the program will end at 3:00pm.

To register students, parents or teachers can fill out the Future Day Registration Form at:
https://sites.google.com/site/ucdsvmvetstudentoutreachclub/future-day- 2016/registration

Additional information and the schedule of events are available on the website.  If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our organization at [email protected]