A Star on the Runway

@raphaelmaglonzo

@raphaelmaglonzo

Trinity Davidson, Staff Writer

Early 2016 marked the beginnings of Miss Analyssa Fontaine’s venture into new territory – pageants. Spurred on by the wishes of her father, Fontaine signed up for the Solano County Pageant.

“I first discovered my interest in pageants around the beginning of 2016. My dad wanted me to step out of my comfort zone, be surrounded by confident women and be empowered by other women. He thought I’d fit great in a pageant so he signed me up!” she said.

The first pageant Fontaine ever participated in ended with herself being crowned Miss Teen Fairfield! “I was blessed enough to be crowned Miss Teen Fairfield at the end which led to many hours of community service, exciting events, great people — and I absolutely loved it!”

Some of the things she has been involved in parades, attended the Fairfield Tomato Festival, participated in Christmas tree lightings for local cities, presented awards at Fiesta Day weekends, engaged in auctions to raise money for charity and dressed up as the Disney Princesses Belle and Snow White at ‘A Day In The Park For Kids’ where all children are welcome and autistic children get together to play a bunch of games and enjoy themselves with prizes, dancing and snacks!

Along with participating in those events, Fontaine also confirmed that, through these pageants, she has made lifelong friends with the other competitors. While these pageants and community service hours may seem like a lot of hard work, Fontaine also cleared up any confusion about the balance between school and pageantry. “Pageant activities are always scheduled on the weekends or after our school hours. The directors of the pageants hope for us young ladies to continue in furthering our education and should you be crowned at the Miss California Teen USA pageant you’re
blessed with around $15,000 in scholarship money.”

When asked if she planned on continuing in pageantry after graduating from Armijo High School, Fontaine said, “If God wants me to pursue another pageant than I honor Him and I’m so ready, I think the next pageant I’d love to vie for would be Miss Guam!! Although, before that happens I’d like to focus on my growth in one day ministering to the children in kids’ ministry at my home church, The Father’s House, going to college and spending more free time feeding the less fortunate at local parks with family!” She went on to explain that none of this would have been possible without her faith. Her faith in Jesus Christ and God is what helps her get through the day. “Without my faith I’m completely without: without comfort, without peace, without pure joy. I love Jesus Christ! From the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep He provides unconditional love, freedom from any negative thing of this world, hope, happiness, every good thing I can possibly name. I recognize where He is in every situation and when I’m happy I want nothing more than to share His grace with everyone around me. With my faith I know He is the reason for every blessing in my life. God is beautiful.”

Fontaine competed in early December for the Miss California Teen USA. The honor was given to Janeice Love who had earlier been named Coastal Cities Teen.