Movie review – In theaters now

Tyriise Salas, Staff Writer

Before the movie Coco is shown to audiences around the world, they get to watch a short film called Olaf’s Frozen Adventure. The animated short runs 21 minutes and was originally commissioned for an ABC Christmas Special. It was basically the same plot as the movie Frozen where the characters need to save Arendelle, but this time it’s Olaf saving Arendelle before Christmas. The reason Disney arranged to have this theaters is because they weren’t sure if audiences would come to see Coco, a movie about The Day of the Dead, so close to Christmas.

Overall, Olaf’s Frozen Adventure was okay, but my favorite part about it was the music. It shouldn’t have been put in theaters because I was eager for Coco to start but the music was amazing.

The main event was Coco, an animated musical fantasy produced by Disney Pixar. The story begins with a 12-year old boy named Miguel who is transported to the Land of the Dead. To be honest with you, I was very excited to see this movie and couldn’t wait to hear the music. When the movie started, I said, “They just won an Oscar!”

The movie was beautiful with bright colors and I wanted to be in that world. They followed the Mexican culture thoroughly. Some movies aren’t as effective, but I felt like I understood more about their culture as I watched. The music also suited the Mexican style, mostly because they used actual Mexican instruments to make the music happen. I love the music!

There was one part of the movie that I wanted to cry, but I wasn’t the only one. Almost everyone in the theater was crying; the movie touched everyone’s heart.

Overall the movie is a great family film. I enjoyed every second of it: the music, the culture, the color. I have to say it is a brilliant film by Disney.