ASB Feature

Back to Article
Back to Article

ASB Feature

Photo by: Ryan Dix

Photo by: Ryan Dix

Photo by: Ryan Dix

Photo by: Ryan Dix

In October of 2016, Zoe Barrett was featured in The Armijo Signal for her skill in volleyball. In June of 2017, she was featured again as vice president of the Class of 2019. Six months later, as a junior, she relived that experience. Now, as she is preparing for her last few weeks as an Armijo Indian, she is being introduced as the last Associated Student Body officer to be featured for 2018-2019.

“I organize events and add leadership meaning into our meetings while we plan events,” Barrett said. “I had a passion for [Leadership] and decided to see where it would take me.” It has taken her far, but she does not plan to continue with student leadership after graduation. In reference to her experience in high school leadership though, she said, “It is a great thing to be a part of.”

If she could make any changes at Armijo before she graduates, she said that she would “change the attitude and energy students have every day.” For her, time to make those changes are running out, but she has been paving the way in her time. It is a goal that might be adopted by others in Leadership and around campus for the future.

After graduation, Barrett plans to go to Solano Community College and eventually major in Sports Medicine.