Back to Article
Back to Article

Leticia Mayorga Leads the Sophomore Class

Photo by Ryan Dix

Photo by Ryan Dix

Photo by Ryan Dix

Photo by Ryan Dix

February 15, 2019

Leticia Mayorga is only in her second year as a class officer, but she is already at the top, serving as president for the Class of 2021. Last year she was the Class of 2021 Secretary. While she says that her role model is President Herbert Hoover, Mayorga does not see her career in student government going beyond high school.

“I wish someone gave me advice,” she said, admitting that her post-high school goal is simply to “have fun.” Her career goals are a little more serious. Mayorga wants to become a paleontologist. While she is in college, in addition to serving as Class President, she is also involved in soccer, track and cross-country. She also used to play soccer for Armijo. For fun, she enjoys reading and has participated in many community service events, including local Crab Feeds, Skate for Change, AHS freshman registration, and the Lagoon Valley Trail Run.

“I spend a lot of time self reflecting and can point out what I need to work on, which means that I’m constantly trying to do things at an even better level,” Mayorga said in her 2018 campaign last spring.

Her position as Class President allows her to focus on an observation she made about students last spring. “Students feel disconnected from students outside of their clique. There’s leadership kids, robotics kids, band kids, etc… While I doubt that I can think up of an idea to create schoolwide harmony and make everyone friends, I can at least try to make people feel more welcomed around leadership kids,” she said.

The Armijo Signal • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in