Chantel Shines as VP of Sophomore Class

Back to Article
Back to Article

Chantel Shines as VP of Sophomore Class

Photo by Joel Bejarano Alanis

Photo by Joel Bejarano Alanis

Photo by Joel Bejarano Alanis

Photo by Joel Bejarano Alanis

After serving as vice president for her freshman class, Chantel Martino was a natural choice to continue as vice president of the sophomore class. “I am a leader, not a boss; I work with others, not tell them what to do. I am a team player and enjoy working together with others,” she said when she campaigned last spring.

Martino continues to be very active at Armijo, participating in both Key Club and Filipino Club since her freshman year, and being active in the community through leadership activities and church events.

“I am an active listener, considering the ideas of others as well as deliver my own through collaboration. I also am creative, coming up with unique ideas through the use of teamwork,” Martino said in her campaign. “I believe that it is crucial that each and every student here in Armijo deserves to have their voices heard and their ideas put into consideration.”

Her campaign focuses are 1) school safety, 2) attendance and 3) mental health. All three are serious concerns for the campus and the students. On those and other issues she wants to make sure that student voices are heard and hopes to make that more possible by serving in Leadership, creating opportunities for all students to be part of the process of improvement. “I want to serve my school and put others before myself, doing all I can to help them feel safe and important, shining the spotlight on them and reaching out,” she said.