Karaoke Night Review

On the evening of Friday, November 30, students and staff gathered in the Armijo gymnasium for the Annual Armijo Karaoke Night. Participants had the opportunity to sign up of beforehand or perform on a first come, first serve basis.

The organizer of the event, Associated Student Body (ASB) officer Aaron Roth, said, “It was a whole lot of fun. I’m glad we were able to put this event together and invite everyone across campus.” More than 60 students and staff participated in the event.

Notable performances included Alex Moreno and Alessio Ibarra’s rendition of Rick Astley’s “Never Gonna Give You Up.” Ibarra said, “It was really great! It felt good to get my emotions out.”

Julia Mirales said, “My favorite performance was seeing my friends Janelle Basa and Eneyka Phifer-Bone sing the Destiny’s Child song ‘Say My Name’. It was very exciting to see my friends and teachers on stage.”

In addition to students, staff and teachers were also encouraged to take a chance at the mic. Mr. Jose Irizarry, assistant principal, performed “High Hopes,” by Panic! at the Disco with his young daughter.

Art teacher Ms. Jennifer Hobbs said, “Karaoke night at AHS was adorable, loved it so much! Of course, I think kids singing is the best thing ever.”

For those who missed the opportunity to perform, Roth plans for Karaoke Night to become an annual Armijo tradition.