College Focus: A Popular Destination for Local Students

Many students commute to this local university.

The University of California Davis, commonly referred to as UC Davis, is a public university in Davis, California. It has over 100 majors for undergraduates and graduate students as well. Those majors can be seen at https://www.ucdavis.edu/majors/.

UC Davis is known for their amazing programs on agriculture and animal sciences. The college is one of the most popular UC’s in the state. It has the third largest enrollment in the UC system behind UCLA and UC Berkeley. Due to schools popularity, candidates often have to have at least a 3.0 GPA in the A-G requirements to compete with the other applicants. Along with high grades, potential students should have taken one or two Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate courses, the more the better! The school has an acceptance rate of 38% and a graduation rate of 83%.

The campus is pretty big so the most popular way to get around is by bike. There are bike rental and repair shops located around campus in support of this popular trend. One of the major benefits of riding a bike on campus is the scenic view. This part of Yolo County is filled with trees, streams, and a western horizon filled with gorgeous mountains. No wonder the most popular majors have to do with agriculture!

Other popular majors are psychology and economics.

Overall, an education at UC Davis can cost up to $15,000 per year for tuition, but some students might double that amount as they add in room and board as well as books. That is expensive in comparison to UCLA and UC Berkeley, but UC Davis offers quite a bit of scholarships and other financial aid to help lower the cost.