Editor Focus: Year by year

Photo by Joel Bejarano Alanis

Hello! My name is Arianna Mestas and I am a senior at Armijo High School in the IB program. For four years, I have been a singles player on the Varsity tennis team and Varsity badminton team. We just earned our 4th straight MEL championship title for tennis and I am looking forward to a successful season as captain of the badminton team.

I am involved in many clubs around campus including National Honor Society, Math Club, Future Business Leaders, and Art with a Purpose. Outside of school, I am an active member of the Fairfield Youth Commission and Girl Scouts. I have been a Girl Scout for more than 10 years and have recently completed my Gold Award, the highest rank that can be achieved in Girl Scouts.

As a freshman, I encouraged my friends to join journalism with me. My brother had been the editor of Classes and Clubs section and he had highly recommended that I become an editor as well.

Now, as Co-Editor-in-Chief and Events Editor, I make sure that students stay updated on activities that they can participate in around Solano County, whether it’s a Dine and Donate at Chipotle, a hike in the local community or a study session at the library, I do my best to keep students aware of every opportunity!