Senior David Tellez – Four Years in the Making

Kayla Aguarin

For David, running has taken him all the way through high school.

Some people struggle with answering the question, “Where did you go to high school?” They may have a list of schools two, three or more names long. For David Tellez, when he gets asked that question in the future, it will be an easy answer: Armijo High School.

Tellez started attending Armijo in the ninth grade and will graduate in June. “I am going to miss the good friends that I have made during my time here,” he said.

While he was here, he participated in Cross Country for his first two years, but he’s been on the track team all four years. Running has been his primary hobby since starting high school. “My favorite memory was joining the track team and meeting all the amazing people there,” Tellez said. “I will miss being able to see them every day at school.”

“These four years will go by quickly. It feels like it was only yesterday when I began going here,” he said. “Make the most of it and try to enjoy every moment of it.” He recommends new students to “get involved when you can. It is very nice when you can meet new people and make friends you can truly rely on.”

Tellez intends to go to UC Davis in the fall where he hopes to major in Computer Science and Engineering. After that, his next big adventure will be a career as a software engineer.