Class of 2022’s Intro to Armijo

On Thursday, August 9, Armijo’s leadership held their annual Freshmen Orientation. From noon to 4:45 pm, new members of the Class of 2022 from middle schools around the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District started making their way onto the football field. Nearly 400 students were on the football field, broken into 24 groups that were divided between the two sides of the field.

Mr. Brad Burzynski, Leadership adviser, was the host of the event. A  DJ played a variety of songs for the incoming freshmen to enjoy while they played three games at each station. Winning students earned free Armijo gear.  Then, Armijo’s principal, Ms. Sheila Smith, spoke briefly about her role at Armijo, sharing important information for the incoming students.

Starting at 1 pm, each group headed out to one of several different locations. Some groups began with a campus tour while others started with classrooms where they could ask questions and get to know a little more about Armijo or collect their Springboard book and Chromebook for the upcoming school year.

After the main event, there was a free barbecue in the gym where students could find out more about several of the clubs and sports available at Armijo. Throughout the day, members of the Class of 2022 enjoyed creating some of their first memories at Armijo.