Armijo’s Top Pick: Nolan Elledge

“It feels great to be named the Student of the Year,” said Nolan Elledge, “It is truly an honor.”

Elledge said that he did not see this honor coming and he was surprised. The honor is bestowed on a student each year, a student like Elledge who is a good person and a good student, though he never thought of himself as the top student.

I would define my personality as outgoing, energetic, caring and genuine,” he said. I have tons of energy and I’m always trying to push positive energy in the world.” He enjoys supporting the Special Education students, but his favorite class is Leadership. His favorite teachers? Mr. Brad Burzynski and Mr. Christian Stoll “because they just have so much energy and have exciting classes,” he said. Mr. Burzynski received a special nod for his support. “He has been a true mentor and friend to me through thick and thin and I thank him for that,” said Elledge.

While Elledge has made an impact on the staff at Armijo, there is much more to his life than his time at school He enjoys playing soccer, basketball, and video games, watching TV and movies and hanging out with his friends. “I’m a huge nerd, I’ve played games my entire life and love comic books and superheroes and all things nerdy.”

In one word, Elledge said that he would describe himself as “Genuine…I just want everyone to be happy and smile,” he said.