May 2018: Teacher Feature | A Year in

Mr. Tyler Losberger, sometimes known as Mr. Losberger., teaches World Civilizations to sophomores in G-8. “I did my student teaching at Sacramento State but it´s my first year teaching at Armijo,” he said.

Even in his student teaching, Mr. Losberger has only taught history but, even if he could change the subject, he wouldn’t. “I would stay in the history area but I would go a grade higher and teach U.S History, only because I feel like that would connect with my students better since they live in the U.S.”  Mr. Losberger said that he has never lost interest in history, even as a student at Will C. Wood High School in Vacaville. He didn´t feel like it was a grade he had to maintain because it was more like a hobby than a class.

In teaching high school, “I have the opportunity of helping kids critically think about what´s happening in the world,” he said. “The challenges are trying to make my students see how valuable history is and making them focus more.”

With his own high school being a rival of Armijo, he finds his position as an Armijo Indian surprising. After all, he played baseball while attending Wood and, in his sophomore year, he scored the game winning hit against Armijo.

After high school, Mr. Losberger attended Diablo Valley College in Pleasant Hill before moving on to Sacramento State.