Kimberly Tiss – Class of 2020

Years in leadership: 1

Other Activities:

Varsity water polo 9th
Varsity water polo 10th (captain)
(Davis)Club water polo since 3rd grade
Varsity swimming 9th
Varsity swimming 10th (captain)

Community Service:

Key Club Crab Feed 10th
Native Sons Crab Feed 10th
North Bay volunteer 9th
Armijo Aquatics Wine Fundraiser 10th

Important Characteristics about me:

Some important characteristics about me are that I am very open to suggestion. I really like to hear other perspectives or feedback on a certain event or topic. I try to be as helpful as possible when people are in need of it. I really do care when it comes to issues regarding my class or conflicts between two students that can easily be resolved.

How do you plan to stay connected to students to make sure their voices are heard?

To stay connected, I will incorporate as much social media as possible. Texting, emailing, DMing, etc. I also would like to make it know to everyone I am always available to talk to if any questions or concerns a rise.

What, in your opinion, are the three most important issues facing students at Armijo High School and how will you address them?

One important issue is not getting enough information out that relates to the whole FSUSD district. Something to fix this could be through the morning broadcast, or a weekly email about events and meetings going on through the district that could benefit the Armijo population. We could also encourage students to check the district website weekly or every other week. Another issue that could be fixed is lack of positive enthusiasm towards events, non-leadership students feel boxed out when it comes to “school-wide” events. Most times during school wide events, some non-leadership students feel excluded and not welcomed to those events, I would know I was one of them.To fix this we could really make an effort to try and go outside our comfort zone, be friendly with kids who we see maybe who are excluded from groups, and communicate with them and the rest of the school. A last issue I could fix would be lack of school spirit for certain events. For example, musicfest there is a big event everyone wants to go, it’s fun, intriguing, there is a lot of excitement around this event, but there are events that don’t get as much attention like artfest. This could be fixed by more entertaining means of advertisements.

What are your top priorities for the position you will hold?

As officer, my top priorities would be the class of 2020, as that is my graduating year and I want to make sure my life and my fellow 2020 students are happy in their high school career. My second would just be Armijo as a whole. I want to try to give all Armijo students the best and happiest high school experience as possible.