Jazlynn De La Cruz – Class of 2020

Jazlynn De La Cruz
10th (sophomore)
2 years in leadership

Officer Position/Committee Head

SODA Cap for Community Holiday 10th
SODA Cap for Basketball Homecoming Night 10th

Community Service

Rockville Haunted Hike 9th
Serving Food at Senior Home 9th
Baseball Scorekeeping 10th
Nelda Mundy Beach Party 10th
Suisun Valley Harvest Festival 10th
David Weir Harvest Festival 10th
Turkey Trot 10th

Other Important Characteristics About Me:

I am a very dedicated person so when I set my mind on something I’ll follow through with it. I’m a great listener, I don’t just half listen to what people tell me need to be done I genuinely take mental note of what the person wants/needs. I am a highly receptive person so I take criticism really well. I’m a bubbly person who tries to uplift people when they’re feeling down so I’ll also encourage people to try their hardest when they aren’t doing to well.

How do you plan to stay connected to students to make sure their voices are heard?

I plan to use social media the most to get the student body’s voice heard. For example, twitter polls/surveys would be very helpful to hear what the students enjoy most or dislike most like events or dress up days. Also I’ll try getting people’s opinion in person like if I noticed someone was at the dance that’s in one of my classes I’d make an effort to ask their thoughts.

What, in your opinion, are the three most important issues facing students at Armijo High School and how will you address them?

There are quite a few issues Armijo students face, but only a few can be in our power to fix. One issue is the lack of soap dispensers in bathrooms. This is kind of easy to fix, for example there can be hand sanitizers placed in bathrooms or even cheap soaps that don’t need the dispenser. Stress is a big part of our day to day lives we face, we even have a stress free week but why have it just once a year? We should have it week of both finals but rather than students having it to look forward to we should have little surprises for the students when they get out of their classes. In the hallways we can fill them with balloons so the student body can have fun popping/playing with them as they walk out of the rooms. The last issue in the school is the gap between CP and IB classes. The only time most kids communicate with each other in the different programs are the ones in P.E. and in our math classes. We need to find a way to close the gap a little more whether that’s playing games to join the teams like BOA or a giant soccer game.

What are your top priorities for the position you will hold?

My top priorities will be making sure people can get the grade they deserve as long as me and the fellow officers can see that they’re trying to fulfill their jobs. For example during homecoming season if people can’t make meetings, and have communicated that with us and/or are trying to show up, we will assign them something they can do at home and if it’s high quality they’ll get the grade they deserve. Another very big priority will be for the class to have productive meetings that are worth everyone’s time. During these meetings I want to be sure everyone’s voices are heard and taken into consideration. Also during these meetings or even after the meetings, I will make sure the leadership class is updated on decisions made with/out them.