Students Shine in Annual Science Fair

Science+-+Ms.+Beth+Nordeen%3A+I+was+a+nerd+who+wore+boots+and+listened+to+a+lot+of+hard+music.+I+was+good+at+art%2C+math%2C+and+science.+Not+a+lot+has+changed+except+I+wear+sandals+more%2C+my+music+is+more+mellow+%28most+of+the+time%21%29%2C+and+Im+more+about+the+math+and+science+now%21+

Science – Ms. Beth Nordeen: “I was a nerd who wore boots and listened to a lot of hard music. I was good at art, math, and science. Not a lot has changed except I wear sandals more, my music is more mellow (most of the time!), and I’m more about the math and science now! “

The Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District (FSUSD) Science Fair took place on Friday, March 16 from 4:30-6:30 in the Armijo High School gym. Projects in the form of 3-fold science boards were displayed all over the gym.

The diverse array of projects featured student experiments following the scientific method in areas of chemistry, biology, environmental science and more. Not only did Armijo students participate, but also middle schoolers from Grange, Crystal and Green Valley.

Students who participated at Armijo all researched a science project confirmed by Environmental Science teacher Ms. Kelly Carter, Biology teacher, Mr. Andrew Martinez, Biology teacher, or Chemistry teacher Mr. Pete Smith. Experienced adult scientists also had booths near the gym entrance where students could ask questions on particular STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) fields or other areas of science about which they were curious in.

At the high school level, students who attended the event were given a scavenger hunt to complete for class credit. They were encouraged to collect information from the scientists and information displayed on student boards.