Senior Spotlight: A great final act for high school

Taylor Newton

Senior year came quickly as De Ronte enjoyed his time.

“I plan to go to Solano Community College or Cogswell,” said De Ronte Bridges. “I intend to major in Visual or Performing Arts or Game Designing. When I’m finished with school, I plan to be an actor or game designer.” This is a natural choice for Bridges, something he’s clearly been preparing for since his freshman year in high school. In his time as an Armijo student, he has been involved in Guitar Club and Theatre Productions, including the annual Music Fest. “My favorite memory of Armijo was acting in my first play junior year called Almost Maine…I like to act, play my guitar and ukulele, play games and read,” he said.

Bridges would like to encourage other students, whether they pursue theatre or decide to focus on other areas. “Cherish the education that’s given to you,” he said. “Plan ahead your future goals. Enjoy high school because that’s where your real journey begins.”

If that is the truth, Bridges recognized that there are areas where that journey can be improved. “What I would change about Armijo is having classes with other languages, such as German or Sign language,” he said. “I would change that for students to have more of an outreach or language to learn when they enter the real world.”

There are only a few months left before Bridges will walk for graduation. “What I’ll miss the most is the environment of people I’ve gotten to talk to, laugh with and learn from,” he said. “I’m going to miss my friends.”