Assist-A- Grad Update

Assist-A- Grad Update

Students turned in 79 Assist-A- Grad packets at Armijo by the deadline on February 28 and that left time for the Assist-a- Grad Foundation Board to screen the applications to see if the student qualifies for the scholarships that they applied for and schedule student interviews with scholarship sponsors. They try to accommodate scheduling restraints among the sponsors and applicants, but it
can be very complicated.

In mid-March, students will be receiving a letter in the mail for their interview, which will take place Monday through Thursday, April 9-12. Interviews will be held at Armijo in the evenings and they are not able to be rescheduled. For these interviews, students are encouraged to dress for success, and to be themselves, since the interviewers want to know more about the student’s
interests. The interviewer is most likely to be a representative from the sponsor of the specific scholarship. Some scholarships use Assist-A- Grad representatives to be the interviewer. Either way, the interviewer is friendly and enjoys talking to students.

The Awards ceremony will be on Monday, May 7, at the Fairfield Community Center at 7 pm. While students will be invited and be made aware that they have received at least one of their chosen scholarships, they will not be told which one(s) until their names are announced at the ceremony.