Naviance Guides Students to Success

Naviance Guides Students to Success

Naviance is a great tool for students. This versatile computer site can help students figure out what career they’d like to pursue with the help of the “Cluster Finder” and “Career Interest Profiler” located under the “Career” tab. Below these is a link that leads to over 3,000 videos about “young people on road trips to interview leaders who have built their lives around their interests.” Naviance can also help students research colleges that they’re thinking of attending, and find colleges that fit them personally. This site helps with applying to colleges,  acquiring scholarships, and building resumes, as well.

On Naviance, there’s a planner for students to help keep track of upcoming assignments, tests, and events. The planner can also be used to help set goals and create a To-Do list. The planner is found under the “My Planner” tab. In the “Colleges” tab students can research colleges, and figure out scholarships and money situations. You can also find out college events that are going on. There are also places for colleges that students are looking at and colleges that students are applying to. Under the “College Research” area it shows stats of where students from multiple high schools are
applying to.

On the homepage of Naviance, the left-hand column has a set of links that lead to pretests, scholarships, parent portal, and more. On the right side of the homepage is an area for messages where students receive all types of messages from Ms. Sandy Anderson, the college and career adviser. These emails include information about upcoming workshops at Armijo and beyond, college visits, hiring events, as well as SAT and ACT tests/ pretests.

Ms. Anderson hopes to get students to be more familiar with Naviance. “We’re going to be using Naviance a lot more,” she said. “There’s a lot students don’t know about Naviance…it’s a great tool and I feel like maybe 5% of our population uses Naviance. We’re going to try to
change that.”

How students log on:
1. Go to Naviance.com
2. Click “sign in” then “student & families sign in”
3. Enter AHS postal code: 94533
4. Select Armijo High School
5. Username is your FSUSD email. EX: “[email protected]
6. Password is your birthday EX: 12312002

How parents log on
● Parents receive a separate registration code (Registration codes are used to create accounts and codes can only be used once).
● Enter the code in the “New User” box, then follow on-screen instructions to create a username and password
● Sign in using the “Returning User” box

To sign up for an event in Naviance:
1. Go to Naviance.com
3. Enter AHS postal code: 94533
4. Select Armijo High School
6. Password is your birthday EX: 1231994
7. In family connections, click the “Colleges” tab

8. In the My Colleges section, look for the “Upcoming College Visits” section (in orange) and then click on the “View All Upcoming College Visits” (In blue underline)
9. Find the event/presentation you want to sign up for and click “sign up, then click sign me up.

It’s worth it to sign up for Naviance today so that it can be available when it is needed, whether that is crunch time for attending events or signing up for tests or whether it is for leisurely researching college campuses. It only takes a few minutes, but it is a tool that can change lives.