Prepare for a future in medicine

Through KP LAUNCH, Kaiser Permanente offers unique and dynamic health care internship programs that provide interns with practical job skills and experiences in a supportive environment.  Our goal is to bring students coming from underserved communities and backgrounds underrepresented in health care careers into the KP LAUNCH program for exposure to various business and healthcare careers.
 We invite you to learn about the KP LAUNCH summer internship program of 2018 by visiting our website.  While working, interns gain exposure to various health careers that they may choose to pursue.
 KP LAUNCH interns will have the opportunity to:
  • Work full-time within various Kaiser Permanente departments for eight weeks
  • Learn about a variety of different health careers opportunities
  • Meet and learn from health professionals and their internship program peers
  • Gain professional and personal development through workshops
 The summer 2018 program is scheduled to take place between Monday, June 11 and end by Friday, August 10 over a course of eight weeks at a Northern California Kaiser Permanente facility.
If you or your students are interested and qualified for this program, please return to our website to apply during our application period between Monday, February 5, 2018 at 9 a.m. and Sunday, February 18, 2018 by 6 p.m.
 Applicant Criteria:
  • Must be between the ages of 16 and 24 during the program
  • Must be enrolled in high school; general education degree (GED) program; community college; vocational school; or university; or a recent high school, GED graduate, or undergraduate degree recipient within one academic year
  • Must have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher
  • Must have an interest in working in a healthcare environment
  • Must be able to work full-time, 40 hours per week during the eight-week program
  • Must undergo and pass all Kaiser Permanente employment requirements to include: providing proof of the legal right to work in the United States; a background check (if ages 18 or over); and a drug and health screening
Applicants who are dependents of Kaiser Permanente employees are ineligible to participate in the KP LAUNCH summer internship programs.
Please refer to our website if you have any questions.  You may contact a program representative for general questions at [email protected] or contact local On-Site Coordinator, Charmaine Gandy at [email protected].