College Focus: MIT

Are you interested in a future career in sciences and technologies? If so, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) may be for you!

MIT was founded in 1861 by William Barton Rogers with the goal of creating an institution of industrial science to “aid the development and practical application of science in connection with arts, agriculture, manufactures, and commerce.” Since then, MIT has gone on to create a myriad of scientific breakthroughs including the development of 3D printing and decoding the human genome. Although it has been more than 150 years since its foundation, MIT still flourishes and currently focuses on advancing knowledge by educating its students on sciences and technologies and preparing them to serve our nation.

In addition to providing exceptional education and rigorous academic study, MIT also houses a diverse campus community. With a 168-acre campus and over 500 student groups, MIT is a place of endless discovery that can fulfill the needs of even the most curious student. For avid sports players, MIT has 33 varsity sports teams and an assortment of other club teams to join. If this isn’t enough, even more fun can be found within MIT’s residential system, where students can live in a variety of residence halls, living groups, and dorms.

However, with all these benefits comes a series of drawbacks. MIT is an extremely prestigious university that can be difficult to get accepted into. A strong academic foundation is required in high school including, but not limited to, one year of high school physics, chemistry and biology, classes in mathematics through calculus, two years of a foreign language, four years of English, and two years of history. In addition to this, having an array of extracurricular activities may also be helpful to expand your resume. Although this may seem like a hefty workload, receiving that MIT
acceptance letter is true meaning of “hard work pays off.”

But even if you do manage the feat of being accepted, attending MIT costs an average of about $58000 annually!

To learn a few secrets on how to pay for college, visit the following link:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/little-known-secrets-of-paying-for-college-armijo-high-school-tickets-41325492661?aff=ebdssbcitybrowse