Parking permits and penalties

While the student parking lot is still under construction, it will not be too long before students will once again have somewhere to park, but not all students will qualify to use the renovated location. Currently, the parking lot is only open to Armijo High School staff and visitors.

In order to park in the parking lot when it opens, drivers will have to get a parking permit form from the office. Students who qualify will need to prove that they have a driver’s license and proof of insurance. Seniors will receive the first permits and then juniors. If there is space left over, sophomores who have their licenses will be considered next.

The use of the parking lot is a privilege and the administration wants to make sure that students respect that privilege. There will be penalties for those who break any of the parking lot rules and having a student may have his or her parking permit revoked if they abuse the privilege.

Students who are caught parking in the lot before it is officially open will risk losing the opportunity to get a parking pass for the semester. Armijo staff is recording license plate numbers and keeping a list of students who are abusing the current restrictions.

Announcements will be made on the bulletin and in The Armijo Signal when the permits will be made available and when the parking lot is close to being opened.