Leadership has always been her strength

Senior Class President Jennise Bolls

Jennise plays many roles as a senior.

ID Photo

Jennise plays many roles as a senior.

In her last year of high school, Jennise Bolls has taken the Class President position for the 2023 class in the Leadership program. Not only is she the Class President, but she’s also the captain of the cheer team at Armijo. 

Bolls has been in the Leadership program since her freshman year of high school, and it is one of many things that has been preparing her for her future. After high school, she is planning to attend Sacramento State University, where she will train to become an elementary school teacher in Sacramento. 

She decided to join leadership partly because of her friends, but she also joined because of an event that was hosted to introduce Leadership and, seeing the community that the class had created, it made her interested in joining.  

Her job as the Senior Class president is to run class meetings, planning and overseeing events that are specific for seniors like senior sunrise or senior sunset, senior trips and other events that seniors are putting on.

Her favorite events are the competition events such as Battle of Armijo (BOA) or Student vs Staff games. Her favorite parts of Leadership, however, include spending time with others, especially her senior peers, bonding times, being able to live in the moment, and also hosting events.

Bolls is the type of leader who is somewhat organized, someone who doesn’t let people step over her, and, when there’s a goal in mind, she will meet it no matter what. She also thrives on other people’s input and allows people to help. She decided to run for a Class Officer position because she wanted to have a position that was similar to one of the Associated Student Body (ASB) officers but with a lesser degree of commitment and responsibility, something that was not too much of a time consumer. Another reason was to be someone who had a say in the important decisions. 

Throughout her years in Leadership, Bolls has definitely grown in terms of finishing tasks, stepping up, and being the first one to volunteer. This shows even outside of the Leadership class when she is the first to speak in a group discussion where no one else is speaking. 

In connection with growth, some areas she still hopes to improve on are showing up, time management, and also making leadership more of a priority. All in all, her experience in leadership has helped her grow as a person in terms of connecting with people, having a voice and speaking up for herself, being more open minded, and overall building her connections that will last a long time.