Record-breaking speeds enhance team

Photo by Linda Perez Johannessen on Unsplash

Speed and record-breaking combined for Royals success.

In a pair of track meets in mid-March,the Armijo Royals team split up and attended different meets and came away with great success!

The sprint team attended the Eddie Hart Invitational at Pittsburgh High School and came away with a ton of amazing results. The most important of these results was the brand new 4×200 meter relay school record. Our girls’ team of Cierra Kinsey, Ani Kinsey, A’Jah Parks, and Sanai Wilson ran a 1:48.20, beating the old record by 6/10 of a second. And if that wasn’t enough Cierra Kinsey was interviewed by MileSplit, a big running website that reports on high school track and field, after winning the 400-meters and you can watch that interview here.

On the distance side, the Royals attended the Dublin Distance Fiesta at Dublin High School. The small squad came up mighty in the mile as all eight distance runners ran new personal bests, with highlights being the 13-second improvement by sophomore Favian Villa, the 11-second improvement by senior Yadira Chavez, and the new third best mile time in school history run by junior Lilian Luu (5:23).

Overall it was a fantastic day for the team and, with over a month left in the season, hopefully there will be more growth from all of these athletes.

As a parting note, the apparel fundraiser with Fan Cloth is winding down and supporters have less than a day left to order any items. Please consider supporting the team at the online store which you can find here.