The campus is big enough for both

Sibling Spotlight: Grace and Leilani Jimenez

Photo by Ryan Quintal on Unsplash

The Jimenez sisters build each other up, whether on campus or just in general life.

Armijo High School isn’t the first campus that Grace and Leilani Jimenez have shared, so they are used to the positives and negatives that come with the experience.

Leilani Jimenez (ID Photo)

Neither of the sisters minds going to the same school because they both recognize that it is going to be temporary. Lelaini knows that it has its benefits. “I think it’s helpful for me to be a better person,” she said. “I try my best to be a good role model for her.” Another benefit to sharing the campus is that it’s helpful to have only one drop-off and pick-up location for their parents.

Although the sisters enjoy going to the same school, they sometimes feel like they see each other too often. Still, they’re glad they have someone to go to while at school. The only real time they hang out together on campus is early in the morning, right before school starts. Otherwise they hardly interact during school hours. People often know they’re siblings, even when they are not intentionally interacting, by the way they look at each other.

Grace Jimenez

The girls have some things in common, but not everything. Leilani enjoys relaxing while doing yoga and meditating while Grace prefers to spend her spare time drawing and listening to music, and she love everything about her sister and the support she gives her. For Leilani, her favorite thing about Grace is her sense of humor.

As mentioned before, they won’t be spending time on campus together forever. While Grace is only a sophomore, she is already thinking about going to the Solano Community College. Leilani, on the other hand, is graduating in June and wants to attend Santa Rosa Junior College before transferring to Sonoma State University.