Experience leads Cisneros to Varsity

Athlete Focus – Fabiola Cisneros, Varsity Girls’ Soccer

With years of experience, Fabiola is able to conquer the soccer field at the top.

ID photo

Fabiola Cisneros plays for the Varsity soccer team, despite being a freshman. 

It’s not much of a surprise, really, because Cisneros has been playing the sport since she was five years old. She watched her older brothers play and it really made her want to participate.

The influence of her family continues to encourage Cisneros. Her family keeps her motivated to play hard and be successful. She always wants to make sure she makes her family proud. 

While most freshmen are on the Junior Varsity (JV) team, Cisneros shares the honor of being one of two freshmen on the team. The other one is Isabel Gonzalez Arechiga. Cisneros said that it’s “pretty cool to be a freshman on Varsity” because she has a lot of older friends on the team. 

No matter what grade a student is in, Cisneros encourages future soccer players not to doubt themselves. “If you need help, always ask, because there’s always someone that can help you and teach you something new,” she said. 

Cisneros definitely sees a future in soccer, but she knows that it will be a challenge that she will work hard for. Her favorite professional player is Lionel Messi.