Same spelling for four different Royals

All in a Name – Hold the H

Image by Pete Linforth from Pixabay

You roll the dice when you try to spell this first name.

While there are almost dozen students at Armijo who spell their name C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N, it is not necessarily the only way to spell that name. Four other students with the name use the less conventional spelling of C-R-I-S-T-I-A-N. With or without the H, students who bear this name find that people generally connect it to the religion.

One of those students is senior Cristian Ramirez Estrada, who was named after his grandfather. His younger brother, Juan, is a sophomore at Armijo, but he also has another brother named Edgar who is a fifth grader at Suisun Elementary. His cousin Rudy is also graduating from Armijo this year.

Ramirez is familiar with other people who share the spelling of his name, people he has met playing soccer or at the gym. He used to play soccer for Armijo but had to put it aside due to work. If he can change his name he says he would his name to Mateo.

When he graduates, Ramirez wants go to a trade school to become an electrician.

Cristian Carapia Altamirano also spells his name without the H. While he doesn’t have any relatives at Armijo currently, he did spend a couple of years sharing the campus with his brother Francisco, who graduated in 2021.

Like Ramirez, Carapia has met different Cristians over the years, but he isn’t friends with any of them. Besides his name, another thing he shares in common with Ramirez is his goals after high school. He, also, intends to go to a trade school.

Cristian Rojas Benevides is a junior with the name, although Rojas uses the nickname Chrissy. He was unable to be reached for an interview.

The only freshman that bears the name is Cristian Salcido Gomez who was named after a cousin who died. The cousin’s name was Emmanuel, but he was called Cristian, and Salcido was given that name. If he could change his name, like Rojas, he would be called Chrissy.

While none of his siblings or cousins currently attends Armijo, he said that his mother was a student.

Salcido met another Cristian over the summer when he went to visit a friend in Las Vegas with his mom.

He plans to go to either an art school or trade school after graduation because he wants to be a tattoo artist.