Leaving California for college?

Deadline: January 1; Award: up to $60,000

Discover a world outside of California with this scholarship.

The University of Minnesota National Scholarship is for residents of any state, excluding Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. Incoming freshmen are considered for these scholarships based on an overall assessment of the application for admission. Full consideration for academic scholarships is given to students who submit a complete application for freshman admission by either the Early Action (November 1) or Regular (January 1) application deadlines. Recipients must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or eligible under the Minnesota Dream Act.

University of Minnesota academic scholarships are highly competitive. Admitted freshmen are considered for these scholarships based on an overall assessment of the application for freshman admission. Full consideration for academic scholarships is given to students who submit a complete freshman application by the corresponding application deadline dates. Scholarship recipients are notified by the end of March of their senior year.

No separate application is needed, though demonstration of financial need is required for certain academic scholarships.

Recipients must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, or be eligible for the Minnesota Dream Act.

Scholarship decisions are based on a very careful, overall assessment of each admitted student’s academic preparation and performance, as well as the additional information provided in the admission application, based on the academic and context factors listed below. The strongest consideration in the decision is given to the primary factors, and no single factor is the deciding factor in the decision.

For more information and qualifications, visit https://admissions.tc.umn.edu/cost-aid/scholarships/university-wide-academic-scholarships.