Secretary, Class of 2020: Jaime Rodriguez

Other characteristics about me:
I ask questions whenever I feel like there is something going wrong or I need more clarification. I try my best to help out and volunteer for jobs whenever I get the chance.

How do you plan to stay connected to students to make sure their voices are heard?
I plan to stay connected to students throughout media or meetings and giving them credit when using their ideas. I also want everyone to make sure that their voice matters. Does not matter if they are in leadership or not, their voices are a huge priority when having special events.

What, in your opinion, are the three most important issues facing students at Armijo High School and how will you address them?
One of the most important issues I see that is facing students here at Armijo High School is their self-esteem. Many students believe that they are not smart enough and it is not easy for them to learn what the teachers teach. Sometimes they feel even more down when they recieve their progress reports or report cards because they do not get what they expected. Another issue that students are facing is attendence. Let us face it, at least more than 90% of the students have been absent or tardy. I understand how sometimes they are not responsible for their attendence. Life happens, cars break down, or family members die. Students oversleep not because of their cell phones, but because they think too much. There might be something wrong with them and need help. Many people do not see that side, huh. I understand that in high school you learn how to be more responsible, but there are many teachers that give their students a higher expectation and would always rely on them. In my opinion, it gives students stressed and anxiety.

What are your top priorities for the position you will hold?
My top priorities for the position I will hold will be making sure that everyone is heard and that they share their opinions and ideas. I also want people to be able to participate in any certain way.