Class of 2019 President: Janelle Basa

Officer Position/ Committee name
Community Holiday – 10th
Activities
Badminton – 9th, 10th
Community Service
Haunted hike- 10th
Grad night crab fee/ others – 9th , 10th
church retreats 9th, 10th
school fairs – 9th, 10th

Other important characteristics about me:
Over the past couple of years I have grown so much more self confidence, and I like to share that with others. Share in a way where I can help make others feel more comfortable with themselves too. I like to believe that I am very caring. I tend to make other people’s feelings a top priority. I’m also not afraid to show that I care. One way I show that I care about others is by being honest. Not many people are honest anymore and I think that takes a certain amount of courage to do so. One thing to know about me though is that I am truly committed to this program, and I’ll continue to put my positive attitude into it.

How do you plan to stay connected to students to make sure their voices are heard?
One way I plan to stay connected with students is through social media. A lot of people have good opinions and ideas, but sometimes that isn’t heard. When making decisions it is so easy to make a twitter poll for people to vote. For example our class could make our own twitter page. If we make one we could make a poll for homecoming theme ideas so that way everyone can enjoy the skit and not just the people who are in it.

What, in your opinion, are the three most important issues facing students at Armijo High School and how will you address them?
Three issues I’d like to address would be how students feel left out, how we lack funds, and the lack of attendance and school spirit. One way I plan to make students feel more welcome is by stepping out of my own comfort zone. Going out of my way to talk and meet new people. I feel that if I do this I could impact how other people think as well and others might reach out too. With the lack of funds I plan on organizing more fundraisers for our class. I could also talk to admin and see if they move some of the budget to us. With lack of attendance and school spirit I hope to do more things that a majority of students like. If we make something with high interest the rest should fix itself.

What are your top priorities for the position you will hold?
I plan to hold an officer position for the class of 2019. One of my top priorities would be to better the bond of the students in leadership first. Once we are more one then we can start reaching out to the rest of the class. Ultimately, my goal is to get as many people involved as I can. Whether that is through homecoming skits, powder-puff, prom, or when it’s our time for our senior trip. Another thing I plan to do for these things to be successful would be to fund raise.