Go pink for Breast Cancer awareness

Get involved and bring school spirit to a worthy cause.

As part of Armijo’s philanthropic tradition, students will have a chance to honor Breast Cancer Awareness week from Monday, October 17 through Friday, October 21.

Wednesday, we will be wearing pink for breast cancer awareness week/month. This year we are taking a different approach from collecting $$$ in each classroom. We are selling T-shirts and wristbands at lunch. If you want a shirt/wrist band please come visit the booth in front of the home ticket booth on Wednesday, October 19.

Nationwide, people will be hosting events to support Breast Cancer Awareness Week and Armijo High School is no exception. There will be a couple of events happening that week to raise the money, including a volleyball game on Thursday, October 20.

Leadership adviser Mr. Casey Towner and a committee of leadership students will be selling pink A-team shirts and wristbands during the week and classes will be collecting donations. Students will have other fun activities to participate in as the school raises money in support of Breast Cancer Awareness. In addition, there will be opportunities to learn about this ubiquitous cancer.

“We want to help out as much as we can to make it easier for people who have breast cancer,” said Mr. Towner.

42,000 women die from breast cancer each year, but it is not limited to women. On average, five hundred men die from this disease annually. Awareness and financial donations are important as many students have people in their lives that are affected by breast cancer. Our support could lead to a cure, and we can become closer because of our common goal.