8th graders get inspired at annual “Inspire: Dreams Start Now!” career fair

If you or your organization would like to participate in next year’s “Inspire: Dreams Start Now!” please get in touch with Lindsey Michels at [email protected].

Fairfield, CA – On Tuesday, October 4, 2022, over 1,000 eighth-grade students from schools across Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District took part in the “Inspire: Dreams Start Now!” career fair. Hosted by FSUSD, in partnership with the Kroc Center and Fairfield-Suisun Chamber of Commerce, this year’s “Inspire: Dreams Start Now!” is the first time the previously annual event has occurred since October 2019.

“Inspire: Dreams Start Now!” is a unique career initiative designed to motivate children to find their passion and pursue their occupational dreams within their own community. Representatives from over 20  local agencies and businesses took part in the event.

These organizations put together hands-on activities and presentations to provide students with the ability to explore career interests and make contacts within local businesses.  These connections could lead to future mentoring, apprenticeships, internships, and employment.

“Inspire is such an important event because it activates the thought process in our youth about what they might want to pursue professionally in their adult lives,” said Jared Neumayr, President/CEO of Fairfield-Suisun Chamber of Commerce.  “Our local business community provides this engaging experience in which kids can participate and shows them what a real job might look like.  This event helps students to determine what would be a fit based on their own passions and interests!”

“Inspire: Dreams Start Now!” provides invaluable career education to participating students. Career education is an important step in the pathway of a successful career. It helps students develop the knowledge and skills needed to choose and pursue a career and can get students excited about their future.