2017-2018 ASB Treasurer: Sydney Minns

Name: Sydney Minns
Grade Level: 11th
EmailAddress: [email protected]
Years in Leadership: 3 Years

Officer Position/Committee Name:
Committee Head:
Powderpuff Rally and Game
Basketball Homecoming Night
Battle Of Armijo
Football Homecoming Night

Class Office:
Junior Class Treasurer

Class Committee Head Positions:
Basketball Homecoming Costumes(2016)
Powderpuff Costumes(2015)

Other Activities you’ve been apart of (Sports,Clubs,Band,Etc.)

CrossCountry 9th
TrackandField 10th, 11th
Junior Statesmen of America 10th, 11th
Community Service

Volunteer at Kaiser+200Hours
Leadership Hours+30 every year
Other Important Characteristics About Me:

I am an huge animal lover. I find this super important, because you don’t want an animal hater in officer!
I am very organized. This is helpful in the way of making the events around our school run very smoothly
As junior class treasurer I have been a position where I have led the class of 2018 and the leadership class itself.

How do you plan to stay connected to students to make sure their voices are heard?

First i would like to say never be afraid to approach me if there is something you would like changed. If i wouldn’t be able to change the situation i can most likely point you in the direction of someone who could and I could assist you if you would like. I just find that as long as there is communication we will be all good. We could also send of google forms ever once and awhile to get feedback.

What In Your Opinion,are the three most important issues facing students at Armijo High school and how will you address them?
1.Outdated campus: ok me too. But if you go onto the FSUSD website -> departments ->facilities -> masterplan -> on the PDF choose Armijo. You will find that the district if actually trying to improve our outdated campus. In sum this is what is going to be fixed:
Level One
• New Science & Electives Buildings
• New Lunch Shelter
• Technology Infrastructure
Level Two
• Repair/Replace Roofing
• Existing Building Systems & Toilets Upgrades
• Modernize/Reconfigure Locker Rooms
• Safety & Security to Support Modernization scope.

2. Unaware of school events: A plan I would like to implement is to have a bi weekly video on the broadcast of the ASB officers talking about the events taking place. This way we can build relationships with the people in charge of the broadcast, and students are aware of events and the ASB officers in our school.
3. Lack of voice: I would love to be a person you can talk to about improvements throughout the school. So please just come talk to me. Again we can send out those surveys, but if their is something you know would be better that we can do please let me know.

What are your top priorities for the position you will hold?

My top priorities within this position is to make the leadership program more meaningful and interesting. Another priority is to make so that more people are aware of the events on campus such as A-Team games, BOA, Lunchtime Activities, and Music Fest. And possibly getting them involved with more meaningful events such as Community holiday, SPED track day and SPED Dance.