Join in the Masquerade Ball

Homecoming Dance – October 1 from 7 – 10 pm

Image by annca from Pixabay

Win or lose, the Homecoming Dance is an opportunity to celebrate being a Royal.

Mr. Casey Towner is not just the Leadership teacher, but he is also an alumnus. For him, one of his favorite memories, though, did not take place when he was an Armijo Indian. Instead, it was last year’s Homecoming Dance, which he claimed was the most successful homecoming dance ever in Armijo’s history. There were almost 800 students that had gone and attended the dance, but this year there is a chance to do even better.

This year’s Homecoming Dance, with the theme of Masquerade Ball, is scheduled for Saturday, October 1 from 7 to 10 pm in the gym. Tickets are being sold in the Treasurer’s office and the first 300 are available for $15 apiece. After that, there is a price hike to $20 per ticket. Dressing up for the theme is not required.

Concessions, including chips, soda, pizza, water, and candy will be available. “We are also doing our best to have our friends at the Moctezuma food truck to sell food at the event,” said Mr. Towner. A free 360-Photo Booth will also be available for students,

Dance bids are required for all attenders. Guest bids are also required for students who attend different schools. Absolutely no graduates or middle schoolers will be allowed to attend and all students must have IDs to enter the dance.

All dance bids are available in the main office and the treasurer’s office. A dance bid is essentially a permission slip that must be signed off by Ms. Jackie Perez in the counseling office. Guest bids must include the signature of the principal of the visitor’s school.

Not everyone will be allowed to come to the dance, however. Students who have been suspended or have more than six absences in the last six weeks will NOT be able to attend. The number of tardies a student has received in the last six weeks can also impact their ability to get a dance bid.