Be prepared to Crush!

September 7 & 8 (Info meeting September 1)

Roles for Crush, Armijos fall play, will be chosen from these auditions.

https://www.surflight.org/audition-information

Roles for Crush, Armijo’s fall play, will be chosen from these auditions.

There are plenty of opportunities available for students who want to get involved this year and one of the most fun options is to try-out for the upcoming Autumn play, hosted by theater teacher, Ms. Sheena Beeson. It’s a good start to make experiences from your high school last longer.

This semester’s play, Crush by Stephen Gregg, is different from Ms. Beeson’s usual choice, incorporating a science fiction element. She picked this title because she wanted to hit not only the science fiction genre but also some drama and other themes.

According to Ms. Beeson, experience is not needed. Auditions are scheduled to take place in T2 on Wednesday and Thursday, September 7 and 8. Before that, students who are interested in performing will need to attend the information meeting on Thursday, September 1 in T2. This meeting will be held after school

A part in the play does not need to be onstage. Students can also participate with stagecraft, backstage tasks and props.

Over the years, Ms. Beeson has directed 16 plays at Armijo. She started teaching theater eight years ago and ended each semester with a performance. Her autumn choices tended to be comedies while the spring plays have traditionally been musicals.

The first play that Ms. Beeson directed for Armijo was The Haunted Mansion and last spring she directed The 25th Annual Putman County Spelling Bee.

There will be six performances of Crush in November.