ASB Candidate: Cathy Aranda-Serratos

ASB Candidate: Cathy Aranda-Serratos

Hello 

My name is Cathy Aranda, I am currently a junior. During my Freshman year  I didn’t really know much about leadership, until one of my friends introduced me to the class and I fell in love with the program. Luckily I was able to join the class in the second semester of freshman year, it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

About me …

I am currently 16 years old, and I am the youngest of a family of 4. Unfortunately 4 years ago my parents split up so at the moment it’s just me and my mother. I do have an older brother who is currently 21 and works for my fathers family business. At the moment I have a job working at my family’s Mexican restaurant in Suisun. Some things I enjoy doing during my free time are going out with friends to target. I try to make the best out of my high school experience and have fun, I’m really looking forward to making your upcoming year memorable too.

Reasons why i’m inspired to become an ASB Officer 

During my freshman year like I mentioned before I did join the program during the second semester. When  I did get the chance to be in a committee I remember towner announcing the tracks and him telling me I was in Emmetts track. During that time period I had no idea who Emmett was. Having him as my first ASB officer really did help develop a much more fulfilling and fun experience. Something about him was that he was very kind and just made you feel welcomed. Emmett was full of joy and very inspiring, my friends and I would joke around and have fun with him. He always saw the good in us and never gave up on us. Personally he made me feel like I can do anything  I put my mind to, and honestly he has inspired me to run for ASB. I really want to give that feeling that Emmett gave me to other students. That feeling that makes you feel like you have someone to talk to no matter what they will always be there for you and give you great advice. I know this last year I haven’t had a big role in leadership but I really want to make a change and not have leadership just be a class but be a family.