Art is Power – share yours!

2022 Solano Student Art Showcase – May 21

We are so excited to share with you the opportunity to participate once again in the 2022 Solano Student Art Showcase!

The free Showcase will feature two stages for live performances, an art exhibit with art from Solano County schools (grades 4-12), and informational / activity booths hosted by local community organizations and student groups featuring information and services ranging from but not limited to, mental health, general wellbeing, drug and alcohol prevention and intervention, and violence prevention. Food trucks will be onsite for refreshments, and every participating student artist will receive a free lunch voucher for a food truck!

Event Information

May 21, 2022

11:30 – 4:00 PM

Solano County Fairgrounds

Free to all!

Performance space is limited – Register Today!

Theme: ART IS POWER!

The goal of the event is to recognize youth artists, showcasing their talent in a hybrid setting that would allow for live performances and displays, as well as participation virtually through a live stream event and pre-recorded content. There are four components of the Student Art Showcase, the performing arts, static art, art exhibit (formerly called the Solano Student Art Faire) and community booths.

Eligibility:

Any student living in or attending school in Solano County. Open to all school aged youth and community youth groups.

Genres:

• Theater
  • Dance
  • Music (instrumental/singing/rap)
  • Spoken word
  • Poetry
  • Comedy
  • Magic
  • Photography
  • Painting
  • Sculpture
  • Multimedia (multiple mediums)
  • Drawing (pencil, colored pencil, crayon, charcoal, etc.)
  • Video/PSA (must be 90 seconds or less)
  • And More!

The Solano Student Art Showcase is part of collaborative group of organizations hosted by the Solano County office of Education with the objective to highlight youth resilience during COVID by supporting all types of youth artists and to promote mental health and wellness, and alcohol, tobacco, and other drug (ATOD) prevention through art.

Visit https://www.solanocoe.net/showcase2022 for more information or contact Johanna Nowak-Palmer at [email protected] or call 707-646-7608.