ASB Candidate – Olivia Mauk

ASB Candidate - Olivia Mauk

Who Am I?

Hello! I am Olivia Mauk and I am currently a junior. I am running for an ASB officer role next year! I’m sure most of you have no idea who I am, so allow me to introduce myself. I have lived in Suisun City for my whole life and I love living in California. A major part of my personality is that I am a “theatre kid.” I have done every production Armijo has put on since I was a freshman, and I am co-captain of the Improv Team too. Theater is one of the joys in my life and I hope to pursue it after high school. Overall, I just love music. I am always singing something in my head and concerts give me so much happiness. Honestly, I just enjoy anything entertaining, from TV shows, movies to comedy shows. I have had plenty of leadership experience being president of College and Career Club, a Girl Scout for over 10 years, and a member of National Honors Society. I am so excited to be a senior next year and create lifelong memories as ASB. 

What Will I Do for Armijo?

Something that is very important to me is inclusivity. I feel that some students on campus may not feel included in things that leadership hosts when in actuality, our intention is to get everyone involved. The last thing I want is for any student to feel excluded from an event we host, because I know the feeling. This invisible divide between leadership and non-leadership students is very interesting to me. Leadership students, of course, always know what’s going on on campus but, sometimes other students do not know until the last minute. This makes me sad and disappointed because we do these events for the whole student body, not just leadership. 

I also think that we highlight a specific kind of student in leadership and at Armijo in general. I want to spotlight all kinds of students on campus, from those in band, journalism or even those in less popular sports like tennis. This, again, emphasizes my desire for inclusivity in our student body. 

In the End…

There are many things I would like to do for Armijo based on my experiences, but I must listen to other student’s perspectives too. I will work hard to make Armijo a more supportive, inclusive, and, hopefully, fun place to be for everyone. Thank you for taking the time to get to know me and I hope you consider me to be one of your ASB officers for the 2022-2023 school year 🙂