Being second in charge comes with responsibilities

ASB Focus: Caroline Kelleher, Senior Class Vice President

Emily Torres Maravilla

VP for the Class of 2022 is just one of the things Caroline is good at.

Being the Senior Class Vice President is right up Caroline Kelleher’s alley. Her main jobs include assisting with senior activities and other leadership tasks.

Kelleher has always wanted to help out around school and collaborate with others. This is apparent in her extensive leadership experience including being in student government since fifth grade. She has also served on the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District (FSUSD) Student Advisory Council, the Site Planning Committee, and GenerationUP. She has even represented Armijo at CA Girls’ State.

Not only is Kelleher a talented leader, but she is very artistic and athletic as well. She has played guitar and saxophone for nine years. Swimming is one of her many passions and she has also worked as a lifeguard at Allan Witt and served as captain of the water polo and swim teams at Armijo. 

Kelleher is hoping to continue with student government in college and wants to encourage others to start. To those who are interested in it, she says, “…you should just go for it. You never know what people you’ll meet or what activities you’ll fall in love with until you try.”

Every good leader has their own role models and Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Maya Angelou, Eleanor Roosevelt and Marie Curie make it to the top of Caroline’s list. Seeing women prosper despite a challenge is inspiring to her. 

In her future, Caroline wants to go to college and receive her PhD in anthropology. Then, she wants to become a college professor. 

She would like to remind people to follow AHS leadership on Instagram @armijoleadership