Four years of living the experience

Senior Spotlight – Ronilo Van Tassel

Emily Torres Maravilla

Ronilo gives a thumbs up to his time as a Royal.

Ronilo Van Tassel came to Armijo as a freshman, and has been involved in Leadership and Multimedia. Along with his friends, it is those programs that he said he will miss the most.

During his sophomore year, COVID changed his perspectives. Going into Distance Learning, he found himself figuring out more ways to be self-reliant. “It changed my perceptions by making me realize not to take my life and my time for granted, because it could be stripped from me so easily,” he said. “It took me a lot of time on my own to learn that.”

At the beginning of his high school experience, Van Tassel was on the wrestling team as a freshman and played football as a sophomore. “I do not participate in sports anymore,” he said. What he does do to pass the time outside of school is cook, listen to music, go on walks and hang out with his friends.

Some advice he would give is to other students just starting their journey at Armijo is to watch their actions. “The way you act reflects on that character, and can cause a ripple effect in anyone,” he said, “whether it effects them in a positive or negative way, it effects them regardless”.

After graduation, Van Tassel plans to go to CCSF (City College San Francisco) to major in Recording Arts. After that, he wants to transfer to San Francisco State. “I plan on being a sound engineer after college, working with live music and recording in the studio,” he said.