Four years to gain experience in ASB

ASB Feature – Olivia Kolakoski, Student Relations Officer

Emily Torres Maravilla

Olivia has fun planning fun for the ASB.

When Olivia Kolakoski joined Leadership as a freshman, she probably didn’t plan to become the Student Relations Officer for the 2021-2022 school year, but a lot of things happened in the last four years that were unexpected.

“I went into student leadership because I wanted to take on a larger role in leadership,” she said. “Additionally, I wanted to have a chance to have a positive impact on the school.”

In her position as an Associated Student Body (ASB) officer, her main job is to work the other officers to help plan school-wide activities. One of those events is the Movie Night, currently listed on the calendar for Friday, March 4. “Our goal is to create a better and more positive atmosphere for our school and community,” she said.

While she does not plan on continuing the student government option in college, she would encourage others to pursue it in high school “because, why not? I believe that you should try everything in life because you only live once. You can also end up enjoying it and impacting others.”

In addition to Leadership, Kolakoski also swims competitively. She enjoys going to the beach and hanging out with my friends and sometimes finds time to just relax.

After graduation, Kolakoski wants to go to a four-year university, majoring in environmental sciences. “I plan to pursue a career in the field of environmental sciences, either in law or in economics,” she said.