Spending the last moments at AHS

Senior Spotlight – Ralph Ronel Roquiza

Ralph is paving a clear path into the future.

ID Photo

“I’m not really involved in much aside from being a part of events that leadership hosts, like Homecoming (skits too), and more,” Ralph Ronel Roquiza  “My favorite memory would definitely be the football Homecoming game of 2019, since I was a part of the homecoming skit, in addition to winning Homecoming royalty right after,” he said.

Not only was he involved in these Homecoming events over the course of his four years at Armijo, but he has also been an important member of the band. “I’m part of the letter-line in marching band.” He has been considering joining the tennis team this spring, too.

While the pandemic made things difficult, Ronel took advantage of it. “I mainly used it as a benefit/calling to actually get a job, along with making an attempt to meet other faces across social media and such,” he said. “Of course, the job aspect made me more satisfied as I managed to deal with IB classes at the same time. With it in mind, my perceptions about this senior year made me feel a bit more humble for what I’ve had surrounding me, that mainly highlighting those I’ve hung out with within the span of the last six months.”

When he leaves campus, Ronel plans to attend either UC Davis or UC Irvine, although he also applied at Sac State as his safety school. His ultimate goal, after majoring in Biomedical Engineering/Biotech (or Health Sciences for Sac), he wants to go into the medical field, as a pharmacist or maybe even a nurse.

In a few months he’ll leave behind the campus, but he currently hangs out with most of his friends outside of school, too. He’s enjoying those opportunities because “the thought that I’d be completely distanced away from many via college hits kind of hard,” he said.

As he’s preparing to leave the campus, he considered some parting advice for incoming students. “Get involved with everything, and have fun with the things you get into before it’s too late,” he said. “In addition, put books over anything and keep your GPA as a priority!”

Ronel has two sisters: Nikki, who is soon to be 29, and Vanezza, who is soon to be 31.

For fun, he likes to visit thrift stores, listen to tons of music, and game. “Fashion serves well interest for me,” he said.