A penny saved is a penny earned

ASB focus – Junior Class Treasurer Josh Rusit

Josh has served the Class of 2023 in some capacity since his freshman year.

ID photo

Josh Rusit, who serves as Treasurer for the Class of 2023, said that he chose to go into student government because he wanted to be more involved with his class and to have a better high school experience.” He’s been involved in student government since his freshman year. 

“In the role of the treasurer, I oversee the money the class has and how the class uses the money,” he said. It is an important position because the junior class is the one who plans the prom and that affects not only his class but the graduating class as well.

While he does not plan on continuing serving in student government in college, he would not discourage others from considering it at Armijo. “Do it! It’s a lot of fun! If you want to have a better high school experience and want to have more fun, you should get more involved with your class,” said Rusit. 

Rusit keeps busy on campus beyond his role as treasurer. “I am involved with sports,” he said. “I play basketball.” His role model in life is Luka Dončić, who plays guard for the Dallas Mavericks. 

While Rusit enjoys basketball and leadership, they are only contributing factors to his future. “I plan to go to college when I graduate,” he said. “I plan to be a lawyer in the future.”