Socktober gives a chance to donate

https://rlhsrams.edublogs.org/

Blessings can be shared with the community of Solano County.

Armijo High School’s Skate for Change club is a club built around giving to those in need in the community. The Armijo branch is just one in Fairfield of this international charity organization. They meet in G-11, Ms. Grace Fahrenthold’s classroom to discuss their different monthly events.

For the month of October, The AHS Skate for Change club is currently collecting donations for our annual Socktober event. S4C is a community service club focused on providing necessities like socks, food, and personal hygiene products to the local Fairfield homeless community. We are currently collecting new socks that will be distributed in care  packages as part of upcoming club events. Please inform students about the event and that they can receive CAS hours for their donations: (3 pairs = 1 hours, max of 3 hours).

Donation boxes can be found in the Library, counseling office,  A-8, G-6, F-6, and D-12. Socktober ends Friday, 10/29.

This is a great cause and S4C students have worked hard to organize it; and donations will make a direct positive impact on members of our Fairfirld community!

In 2019, Armijo students and staff donated nearly 400 pairs of socks. Questions about the donation drive should be directed to Ms. Fahrenthold in G-11 or by emailing at [email protected].