Students shine at Homecoming

Dance followed on October 16

The answer was clearly “Yes!”

The annual Football Homecoming game, after skipping the 2020 season, was on Friday, October 15, against Will C. Wood. Junior varsity (JV) started at 5:15 pm and ended with a score of 0-30. Varsity started at 7:30 pm, resulting in a score of 14-27.

The skits, which were all themed around Disney movies, were performed between the JV and Varsity games. Freshmen did a rendition of the movie Aladdin, with lots of color and style.  Sophomores played a great performance from the idea of Disney under the Sea, with amazing props and music. Juniors performed their skit on The Nightmare before Christmas, a perfect presentation for October. The seniors put up a first-place show with their presentation of the topic of Toy Story. Winners of the skits were announced at varsity half time along with the homecoming court winners.

Only one pair of students from each class would win the princess and prince title, with the seniors also earning the top for spot with King and Queen.

The first announcement was for the Class of 2025. The Homecoming Princess, Jordan Sanders, and the Homecoming Prince, Ryan Lee, were introduced to the crowds.

Following that, the Homecoming Princess and Prince for the Class of 2024, Kaylie Reyes and Justin Lau respectively, were introduced.

The Class of 2023 was represented by Homecoming Princess Carisma Carreon and Carlos Rodriguez.

The Princess and Prince for the Class of 2022 were Diya Patel and Marcos Martinez, but the Homecoming King and Queen for the entire celebration were Isabella Gonzalez and Jonathan Lau.

In addition to the courts, the places for the homecoming skits were announced. While all skits performed that night exhibited the students’ hard work, coming in first was the senior class, followed by the juniors, sophomores, and freshmen in fourth.

Although the football teams were unable to put another score into the win column for the night, it was still a time to celebrate and on Saturday, October 16, the students gathered together on the football field for a celebratory dance. The music, the decorations and the atmosphere were exciting and entertaining and student finished Homecoming Week with positive attitudes.