Elizabeth Penados – Class of 2025

Elizabeth Penados - Class of 2025

Previous Positions:

Student council member- 3 yrs

Soccer team captain

Talent show performer 🙂

Facts about me:

Hello my name is Elizabeth Penados, I’m in my first year of leadership and I want to start off with a bang! I’m a very ambitious person with lots of goals that I will achieve soon. I play competitive soccer as well as joining the Armijo team. I’m currently in the IB programs with excelling grades. I am very passionate about the things that I do and if I like something then I stay with it as much as I possibly can. I joined leadership to make new friends and learn more about myself and how well I can be a leader and how I can improve my leadership skills.

Skills and Characteristics

As stated before, I play competitive soccer as well as doing the IB program so this means that I am able to balance two very big commitments and I’m still able to excel at both. I have been an assistant coach for a childrens soccer team so I’ve learned how to teach things to others, problem solve, and bring fun to things that seem boring.  I am very charismatic and I love to be loud and have a good time. I am very well spirited and I am always down for any kind of event! I am a fairly reliable person and if anybody needs me I make sure they can depend on me when they need to.

Main Priority

Create New ways to Bring Students Together

My main priority is to bring students together because as we all remember the pandemic forced everybody to isolate themselves from each other and now that we are able to be around eachother again I want to create new ways for students to meet each other and make new friends. 

Previous Issue That I Think I Can Help Solve 🙂

School Hygiene

Even though I’ve been on this campus for a short period of time, I’ve seen many different red flags for hygiene. I’ve seen multiple cockroaches as well and many other bugs inside the gym and bathrooms as well as decent amounts of garbage. I believe with some extra help we can work together to create a well cleaned school.

My Plans for the future

Improving school HygieneConsidering school hygiene, I think that a student garbage group could be put together to help pick up garbage and help out the janitors. Now being completely realistic, a bunch of teenagers aren’t going to want to pick up garbage so I think that the garbage group could also count as your community service hours.

Freshman Social Circle As a freshman I know first hand that it can be hard to make friends at first at a new school with new people so I think that we should create a group dedicated for freshmen to visit and match with somebody else to be their new friend. Now I know that this idea may seem weird or complicated but I think that there should be two leaders of the group who create a survey for students to take and based on the answers, they’ll get matched with somebody who the leaders think would make a good fit. This would create a fun experience for the freshman and it also builds their social skills.